Effective as of March 8, 2018
Section 1: End User Information¶
The Information We Collect¶
When you interact with a website or app that uses the ADvantage Services, we may collect information about your device and the ads you view, interact or click. The ADvantage Services are designed to avoid collecting sensitive information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, or email address, but the information we collect does enable us to recognize your device over time. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
Information about your device, such as type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) and operating system version, carrier name, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), applications using the ADvantage Services and the version of such applications, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or, SDK Version.
- Device specific Information: Network type (e.g. WiFi, cellular), Gyroscope Sensor (Accelerometer, Gravity, Compass, Device Orientation, etc.), NFC, Bluetooth, GPS (see below geo-location), Temperature Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Battery State, Pressure Sensor, Volume Level, Language.
Log information, including the app or website visited, time, user agent, details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- The geo-location of your device (using GPS or other geo-location data), when location services have been enabled for the mobile app or website that uses the ADvantage Services.
- Information about ads served, viewed, interact or clicked on, such as the type of ad, where the ad was served, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser's website or purchased the product or service advertised.
- Information that ADvantage Customers and other third parties have collected and shared with ADvantage, such as information about activity in their services. This may include the content you view or searches you made, the language you prefer, or other non-personally identifying demographic or interest information, to help make the ads served to you more relevant.
How We Use the Information We Collect¶
We use the information we collect to provide and improve ADvantage Services, as well as to enable and allow for the improvement of related services provided by ADvantage Customers or other third party partners in connection with the ADvantage Services and across the broader advertising ecosystem, including for the following purposes:
- Serving ads: Allowing publishers to offer advertising inventory in their mobile apps and websites, and advertisers to bid on and fill that inventory.
- Ad Reporting and Conversions: Reporting to advertisers information about when and how users have been exposed to their ads, clicked on their ads, or visited their website, and reporting to publishers information about when and how ads were shown on their properties and were clicked on.
- Frequency Capping: Preventing users from seeing the same ad too many times.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protecting Digitalsunray and ADvantage Customers from fraudulent behavior.
- Interest-Based Advertising: Allowing Digitalsunray and ADvantage Customers to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their app and website activity and inferred interests. Digitalsunray's policies prohibit ADvantage Customers from sending or targeting advertisements based on information which is considered as sensitive, such as race, religion, politics, sex life, or health.
- Geo-Targeting: Where permitted by the user's device, allowing ADvantage and ADvantage Customers to serve ads based on a user's location.
- Providing and Improving Our Services: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our Services and develop new services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
Digitalsunray will not combine the non-personally identifiable information collected to provide the ADvantage Services with your personally-identifying information without Your express consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect¶
We share the information we collect to provide and improve ADvantage Services, as well as to enable and allow for the improvement of related services provided by ADvantage Customers or other third party partners in connection with the ADvantage Services and across the broader advertising ecosystem, as follows:
- We share with advertiser customers information so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best ad for that user on our mobile advertising exchange and across the broader advertising ecosystem. ADvantage Customers are obligated to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about the use of our Services with ADvantage Customers. For example, we provide advertisers reports showing how many users viewed, interact or clicked on their ads. We also provide publishers reports about the types of ads served to their apps/website.
- We share with partners who help with anti-fraud, quality, and security efforts to ensure the safety, security, privacy, and accuracy of the ADvantage Services and the broader advertising ecosystem.
- We share with data partners who help ADvantage Customers to improve the performance of their bids or inventory on our mobile advertising exchange and across the broader advertising ecosystem.
Your iOS mobile device may provide a "Limit Ad Tracking" setting. On Android devices, your settings may allow you to "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads." When you have opted out using this setting on a device, ADvantage SDK will not use in-app information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeted based on your inferred interests. Your mobile web browser may also provide a "Do Not Track" browser setting. When you have enabled this setting in your browser, Digitalsunray will not use mobile web browsing information from that browser to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeting based on your inferred interests. Digitalsunray requires its advertising customers to honor opt-out preferences expressed using these controls.
Privacy Practices of ADvantage Customers¶
Digitalsunray does not permit the ADvantage Service to be used to collect information from apps directed to children for purposes of creating interest-based profiles or serving ads based on users' inferred interests. Digitalsunray may collect information from apps directed to children for other purposes, such as serving advertisements based on contextual information, like the content or type of the application (for example, serving an ad for a video game to a gaming app).
Section 2: Data Collected from ADvantage Customers and on ADvantage's Website¶
To become an ADvantage Customer, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and company name. You also may be asked to provide personal information in certain fields on this website. Registration information is used to provide the ADvantage Services and to send promotional information about the ADvantage Services. To opt out of receiving promotional information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails or contact us at email@example.com. If you are a registered user of our Services, you may wish to correct, modify or delete your account, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Log Information¶
When you visit our websites, our servers automatically record certain information in our log files. This web log information includes a truncated IP address (we truncate the last two numbers of the IP and replace it with zeros for example 192.168.211.44 -> 192.168.0.0), browser type, operating system, the referring web page, and pages visited. Like many websites, we use web log information, along with cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, to operate our websites, better understand how they are used, resolve technical problems, and enhance your experience on our sites.
Cookies are small files that websites place on your computer as you browse the web. A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page and is often used in connection with cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some sites may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure¶
We may disclose information about ADvantage Customers when necessary to provide the ADvantage Services to them, such as for account inquiries or verification, or to enable participation in certain features of our mobile advertising exchange.
Section 3: General Information¶
Information Sharing and Disclosure¶
Information Provided by Third Parties¶
We may receive information about you from third parties, including ADvantage Customers and data partners. This information may include, for example, browser cookie IDs, mobile device IDs, demographic or interest data, and content viewed or actions taken on a website or app.
Information Collected by Others¶
Confidentiality and Security¶
Digitalsunray has implemented reasonable security measures in order to protect both personal and non-personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Changes in Corporate Structure¶
Our Global Operations¶
To bring you the Services, we operate globally. Digitalsunray Media GmbH comply with the EU Privacy principles (the "Principles") regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information from the European Union. If you have a Privacy related complaint, please contact us as explained in the "Contact Us" section below. If you have a dispute with us about our adherence to the Principles, we will seek to resolve it through our internal complaint resolution process.
Consent to Data Processing and Transfer¶
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to use your information in, and as a result to transfer it to and store it in, the EU and any other country where we, our service providers, and our ADvantage Customers operate. Privacy and data protection laws in some of these countries may vary from the laws in the country where you live.
If you have questions about this policy, or inquiries or requests regarding your information, please contact us at email@example.com.